There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

Great work environment; questionable company mission.

Former Employee - IT - COOP in Creve Coeur, MO
Former Employee - IT - COOP in Creve Coeur, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company

Pros

I had a great experience as a co-op at Monsanto. The co-op program itself took all the students to different field trips and info sessions where we learned about the company. The people I worked with were competent and agreeable. They were great at recognizing hard work, and encouraging work/life balance.

Cons

I never totally got on board with the general mission of Monsanto, with GMO's and big agriculture.

reviews filtered by

Great Place to work, but be aware of the rotten apples!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company

Pros

Great benefits and pay. Most roles are empowered to work with little direction and thus you have some freedom to achieve success in your own way. Most in the company are passionate about the customer and innovating new products resulting in this company being a market leader.

Cons

Be aware of the manager you work for, thus looking for the bad apple in the basket. Most managers are awesome, but a hand full are only concerned about their own destiny and ensuring they can balance diversity objectives. Make sure you network well within to offset this issue.

Leaders and HR should really strive to allow people managers the right % of time to manage people vs. loading them up on special projects or committees. A lot of good talent has left the company, as managers did not recognize their strenghts or made the political environment unnavigatable.

The people here at Monsanto are great.

Current Employee - Applications Developer in Creve Coeur, MO
    Current Employee - Applications Developer in Creve Coeur, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Friendly people everywhere.
    Career development help is readily available.
    Wellness center on site to work out.
    Encourage learning new things.

Cons

At first the campus seems huge and can be hard to navigate, but once you get used to it, it is fine.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company