There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

Fast moving company - well rewarding experience

Former Employee - Financial Planning & Analysis Intern in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Financial Planning & Analysis Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Monsanto is a fantastic company involved in a lot of complex work. I interned with them over the summer and will be accepting a full-time position with them for when I graduate. Here are some of the positive things that you'll find about the company:

- Challenging: the work that the company will have you do is challenging. It will make you think and they always reward employees who go above and beyond expectations.
- Great pay: as far as entry level roles go, the company is pretty much at or above the market competitive salaries for similar positions. The nice thing about the company is there is nice growth in your salary as you progress through the company.
- AWESOME culture: I was sold the most on Monsanto's culture. You just can't beat it. Management trusts its employees and in return the employees are very productive. There isn't any clocking in or clocking out - it's just trusted that you put in your hours and get your work done for the day. If you have to miss work due to a family matter, you are allowed to work at home although not suggested. The way the employees are treated in this company is fantastic. The comradery and teamwork that I witnessed had me sold as well. Just like any company politics still plays a part in the business - it's no different with Monsanto, but the environment is what you want to be in.
- Promising future: Monsanto is in the agriculture industry which isn't going anywhere. The company has been the industry leaders for years and will continue to be as long as it continues investing in R&D the way that it does.

Cons

The company did away with its fantastic pension plan, which is a bummer.
Working for Monsanto can be challenging, although it pays off. There may be some weeks that you need to put in more than 50 hours to keep pace with the company.

Keep making your employees feel important. If I could focus on one thing it would be to really ensure that TOP/High quality candidates are being moved up and focus less on anything else.

420 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

It is a wonderful place to work at :)

Current Employee - SAP Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - SAP Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

very open culture when it comes to networking

Cons

I do not see any cons

A very professional work environement

Former Employee - Director, International Communications in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Director, International Communications in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Monsanto is doing amazing work, at the cutting edge of science, with the potential to enhance the lives of millions of farmers across the world.

Cons

More than a global company, Monsanto is stll an American company with offices in many global locations.

It would be good to work on becoming truly global as well as improving both gender and cultural diversity, especially at headquarters.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company