There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

You better play the game right

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company full-time

Pros

Good benefits, good pay, great friendships

Cons

Decisions on letting go employees not based on merit and performance, it is based on politics. Your life at Monsanto will depend completely on your manager, if you have one who only think of his/her advancement in the company, you are up for a tough time until he/she finally moves on. I had great and terrible managers, and I wish HR would do their job by being neutral in firing decisions.

Advice to Management

Be fair and keep the high performer employees, even if it means going against the opinion to one "popular" mid manager.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Fast moving company - well rewarding experience

Former Intern - Financial Planning & Analysis Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Intern - Financial Planning & Analysis Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Monsanto is a fantastic company involved in a lot of complex work. I interned with them over the summer and will be accepting a full-time position with them for when I graduate. Here are some of the positive things that you'll find about the company: - Challenging: the work that the company will have you do is challenging. It will make you think and they always reward employees who go above and beyond expectations. - Great pay: as far as entry level roles go, the company is pretty much at or above the market competitive salaries for similar positions. The nice thing about the company is there is nice growth in your salary as you progress through the company. - AWESOME culture: I was sold the most on Monsanto's culture. You just can't beat it. Management trusts its employees and in return the employees are very productive. There isn't any clocking in or clocking out - it's just trusted that you put in your hours and get your work done for the day. If you have to miss work due to a family matter, you are allowed to work at home although not suggested. The way the employees are treated in this company is fantastic. The comradery and teamwork that I witnessed had me sold as well. Just like any company politics still plays a part in the business - it's no different with Monsanto, but the environment is what you want to be in. - Promising future: Monsanto is in the agriculture industry which isn't going anywhere. The company has been the industry leaders for years and will continue to be as long as it continues investing in R&D the way that it does.

Cons

The company did away with its fantastic pension plan, which is a bummer. Working for Monsanto can be challenging, although it pays off. There may be some weeks that you need to put in more than 50 hours to keep pace with the company.

Advice to Management

Keep making your employees feel important. If I could focus on one thing it would be to really ensure that TOP/High quality candidates are being moved up and focus less on anything else.

2. It is a wonderful place to work at :)

Current Intern - SAP Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Intern - SAP Business Analyst in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

very open culture when it comes to networking

Cons

I do not see any cons