Monsanto Company

www.monsanto.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

A great learning experience in the vegetable world

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Oxnard, CA
Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Oxnard, CA

I have been working at Monsanto Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good pay, excellent benefits for a cutting edge company. Many interesting and exciting projects and long term potential

Cons

Very bureaucratic due to excessive regulatory influence. Lawyers oftentimes make the company move very slowly due to liability issues.

506 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

Fantastic working environment with a lot of resource.

Former Intern - Quality Assurance Software Tester in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Intern - Quality Assurance Software Tester in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

Very fun office environment.
    My mentors are very helpful.

Cons

I did not feel any Con about my position

They Pay You to Keep You Around, But When They're Done With You, You're Just a Number

Former Employee - Customer Operations Specialist
    Former Employee - Customer Operations Specialist

I worked at Monsanto Company full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

The salary was great...while it lasted.

Cons

The original owner of my company sold to Monsanto to give all of us more and better opportunities. Once we grew a bigger footprint in Corporate America, things began to change. We were always promised more educational opportunities, which never happened, as well as more "house keeping" tasks would come off of our plates and more product-related tasks would be added, which also never happened. We were told July 8th that our Operations Team would be relocating to another office, where there was no room for us. Then we were expected to go in every day and put a smile on and act like everything was ok, until our last day, August 30th. The whole situation was poorly handled. It didn't happen due to the economy, as there are other people in a call center doing our jobs. They always pride themselves on the level of customer service that is offered to their growers. I have kept in touch with a few salesmen and dealers, and there is no level of customer service anymore. When they lose all of their east coast Regional Brand business, they can thank only themselves. Now that I am being forced to look for a job, I can thank them for leaving me qualified to be only a glorified secretary. Because of all of the promises to further my education and my salary, I kept hanging on. Where am I going to be able to find a customer service role making $40K+ per year? I just hope this helps Hugh Grant and Mike Stern to be better able to buy Christmas for their families. Being a single mother with no financial assistance, my daughter is going to miss out on a lot, just so I can keep a roof over our heads.

When sending an HR representative to fire employees, make sure she has business cards and doesn't write her contact information on post-it notes. How professional...NOT!!

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company