Monsanto Company

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

Good environment to work

Former Employee - Web Administrator Co-op in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Web Administrator Co-op in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

People are friendly and help you to start with the job. Its a liberal environment to work at, without too many restrictions.

Cons

New ideas take much longer time to be implemented. frequent change in organization hierarchy and too many small teams that need a lot of collaboration.

465 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

Interesting First Job

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

They have really nice facilities where I worked: gym, cafeteria, etc. Work I had was engaging and satisfying. A wide variety of facilities (labs, test farms, seed processing plants) nearby to tour.

Cons

Some of the old boys told me hiring and layoffs occur very cyclically. I saw a round of layoffs begin in the three months I was working

Not qualified to answer as I didn't work long enough to see the big picture

Long hours and no "thanks"

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

If you like politics, work here! This is the only way to be successful here.

Cons

Must be a "yes" man/woman to be successful - not allowed to challenge status quo. Bonus' and goals are a joke and mean nothing. Your bonus is driven by how much and how well you socialize with the leadership team- that's what they told me!!!! They have gotten away from hiring real people managers. H.R. Allows bullying to continue to take place. I'll have a new boss in 6 months, and 6 months after that- we can only be set up for success, huh? But I'm glad these people decide my livelihood.

Don't forget our historical culture. Fast growth has caused leadership to lose sight of the competencies and their human assets.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company