Monsanto Company

www.monsanto.com

Like drinking from a fire hose

Patent Scientist/Patent Agent (Former Employee) Saint Louis, MO

ProsExcellent employee development opportunities, cutting edge science, astonishing bonuses, wicked smart colleagues, enough flexibility to accommodate the exigencies that being a parent entails.

ConsThey will own you. Networking is critical, and if you aren't good at it, you will suffer professionally. Because they move people around so much in order to develop them, you will spend a considerable amount of time getting up to speed with respect to the institutional knowledge necessary to do your job effectively - they expect from 18 months to 24 months in order to learn the science, the players and the organization. Re-organizations happen with great regularity, as research and commercial development programs are continuously re-evaluated.

Meh

Software Engineer (Current Employee) New York, NY

I have been working at Monsanto Company full-time for less than a year

Pros: Great benefits and pay, nice people Cons: Business practices are not the best... – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Good launching pad

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros: People are nice, helpful but overworked. Cons: Don't expect extensive or formal training. More

There are newer reviews on Monsanto Company.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!