Monsanto Company

www.monsanto.com
Employer Engaged
There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

Good people, good benefits, lousy management.

Former Employee - Workstation Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Workstation Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company

Pros

Good benefits, company is doing well, nice people. The campus is nice. It's a global company.

Cons

Management keeps information very close. Management is backed by their seniors unconditionally, no matter how bad they screw up. Favorites are blatantly played. The smart people who should be promoted (no, I'm not thinking of myself) aren't because they don't go golfing with the CIO or go to happy hours after work.

Stop thinking exclusively about climbing the ladder and think a little about the people you manage. Communicate. Look for solutions that help everyone, instead of just covering your ass.
I know, it's like that everywhere--but that doesn't mean we should stop expecting it.

506 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

Slim this place down!

Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Seattle, WA
    Current Employee - Regional Operations Manager in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Freedom of the individual. Respect for every employee. Sound processes. There is a strong feeling of ownership within most of the business units, down to the most junior roles. We empower our people, and let them drive the frontline business in a way that is consistent with their individual goals and capabilities.

Cons

Pay, Career growth limited. Middle management is siloed. In general we feel a bit stifled by the bureaucracy that pervades the company, beyond the frontline execution roles, and the first level of supervisors. Senior management has not woken up to this issue, and this has resulted in quite a few setbacks in some of our field operations

Remove several layers of middle management, and unlock more energy in frontline roles across the company.

Great company to work for but don't expect vertical advancement to come quickly.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Benefits are great! After your second year of service, there are 4 weeks of vacation, one personal day, and the week off between Christmas and New Years. Plus, there are some random days off that manangement likes to throw in every now and then. Medical coverage has declined due to heafty increases in deductables that have gone on in the past few years. Work out facility, clinic, and credit union on campus are also great perks.

Cons

Few people leave the company so there is very little vertical movement within Monsanto. However, there is a lot of horizontal movement which gives the illusion of movement.

Continue to improve company image.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company