Monsanto Company

www.monsanto.com
  www.monsanto.com
There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

Good people, good benefits, lousy management.

Former Employee - Workstation Engineer in Saint Louis, MO
Former Employee - Workstation Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company

Pros

Good benefits, company is doing well, nice people. The campus is nice. It's a global company.

Cons

Management keeps information very close. Management is backed by their seniors unconditionally, no matter how bad they screw up. Favorites are blatantly played. The smart people who should be promoted (no, I'm not thinking of myself) aren't because they don't go golfing with the CIO or go to happy hours after work.

Stop thinking exclusively about climbing the ladder and think a little about the people you manage. Communicate. Look for solutions that help everyone, instead of just covering your ass.
I know, it's like that everywhere--but that doesn't mean we should stop expecting it.

465 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

Great company to work for but don't expect vertical advancement to come quickly.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Benefits are great! After your second year of service, there are 4 weeks of vacation, one personal day, and the week off between Christmas and New Years. Plus, there are some random days off that manangement likes to throw in every now and then. Medical coverage has declined due to heafty increases in deductables that have gone on in the past few years. Work out facility, clinic, and credit union on campus are also great perks.

Cons

Few people leave the company so there is very little vertical movement within Monsanto. However, there is a lot of horizontal movement which gives the illusion of movement.

Continue to improve company image.

Excellent place to work. I totally recommend it

I have been working at Monsanto Company full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Dynamic
    Full of opportunities
    Great work life balance

Cons

You are always working at 200% speed so you need to be sure you like to be pushed to your limits
    Structures changes very often