Monsanto Company

www.monsanto.com
There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

Dont Believe The Lies

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Its a job . If you like making deals with the devil, join the Monsanto team.

Cons

Management is of the poorest quality. Atleast in Centralia, IL. If you could imagine if your employer ran your company in the same manner that high school hierachy and cliches are, then please apply at this place. There is SO much corrupt and morally wrong things going on here and that is why I was compelled to write this. My hope is that maybe people will think twice before joining this soul - erasing company. Seeing the previous posts , I can only assume that most are just bogus to make company look good, or they have a completely different atmosphere than the one here at Centralia,IL. I also have the feeling that this will be used against me at a later date.

wouldn't listen anyway

465 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

Greatful to work at Monsanto Company

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Everything! Am fortunate to be part of such a well managed, fair, and generous company.

Cons

I honestly don't have any.

Get to know your employers on a more personal basis (within your own department). I"m sure my manager barely remembers my name, let alone anything about me.

Rate Monsanto.... What's in your mind?

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Manila, Manila (Philippines)

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

1. The best company in Agricultural Biotechnology,
    2. The best biotech company in innovations of trait products.
    3. The global leader in seed and trait business.
    4. The global leader in germplasm materials for corn.
    5. It has the most advance breeding methodologies/echnologies in most crops it is working with.
    6. It provides a competitive compensation to all its regular employees, good retirement benefits if you started with Monsanto, and a good retention plans for junior and up employees; stock options.
    7. Monsanto is very serious in implementing best practices in environmental safety as well as work related safety globally across work processes, vehicle, fields, etc.
    8. It has a very good if not the best business ethics and culture as a company; Business Conduct, The Monsanto Pledge and FCPA.
    9. It encourages and support work-life balance to all employees.
    10. There's a lot of FUN working in Monsanto that other companies probably don't have and it's one of the best place to work with.

Cons

1. Too much changes of people on the senior (Country/Regional positions) management level and everytime there's a change of leadership, business strategies also changed, people are demoralized and continuity of business strategies is lost..... "rolling stone garhers no moss."
    2. Always experimenting on what business model or style will work in a country without considering cultural differences that sometimes resulted to business downfall in delivering business results.
    3. Higly centralized decision making process that somehow caused delays in delivering business results or outputs critical to the whole business operations; luck of trust.
    4. Seed and trait business strategies are almost modeled or patterned fromUS business model where sometime not appropriate in the country; considering differences in farmers cultural practices, farm size, distribution system, etc.
    6. Some senior managers are not approacble or they don't find time to mingle with Rank & File employees.
    5. Some company or HR policies are always modeled after US standard and failed or too little considerations for local cultures, or the reverse in issue that will impact profitability.

Would review Monsanto management to review and strike a balance on what to improve on the 5 items listed in Cons above.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company