There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

n/a

Current Employee - IT Manager
Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

astronomical growth of company - great opportunties

Cons

Top Heavy - many ready to retire

n/a

398 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

Casual, many career opportunities

Current Employee - IT Co-Op  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - IT Co-Op in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You can do what you want - for the most part. As long as you get everything done, but there are a lot of interesting things and a lot of interesting projects and a lot of awesome people-so staying busy is not a problem! IT isn't as advanced as Amazon/Google, but I can't imagine working for a company any less advanced as this. The things they are doing is awesome.

Cons

Monsanto has a truely bad rep. Not because we've done anything wrong. You just have to deal with obnoxious people when you tell them were you work at times.

They use a lot of 3 letter acronyms.

There is a lot of ambiguity during re-orgs- which seem to happen often. Just a statement- not much anyone can do about this

Accountant

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Accountant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Monsanto Company has good health benefits and a generous match retirement savings plan. The company is very focused on safety and wellness, including incentives for wellness activities. Pay is competitive. I really like the matching gifts program and how they encourage volunteerism. After you log a certain number of volunteer hours, they will send a check to that charity. I think the company goal to feed the world is noble.

Cons

Monsanto tends to hire external candidates instead of promoting from within. Morale on some teams is suffering because of this practice. Work/Life balance is a buzz phrase, but I'm working still 12 hour days several times a month. The hiring process takes MONTHS.

Retention is just as important as hiring good people. You have to keep the ones you have happy, encouraged, and challenged. A response back from HR that a position has been filled would be nice instead of learning that you won't be considered for a role until you see the announcement of the person who got the job. Non-employee friends who have applied for jobs at Monsanto have not received the common courtesy of a response to their application to say thanks, but no thanks. They are left wondering.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!