Great place to work!!! I feel so proud working at Monsanto.

Current Employee - Human Resources Representative  in  Morges (Switzerland)
Current Employee - Human Resources Representative in Morges (Switzerland)

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Monsanto offers great opportunities for development. Since I joined the Company I think I have developed a lot my strengths: Monsanto really believes in the concept of talent!

Cons

Monsanto is extremely dynamic and its growing so faster. problem is that sometimes employees are not prepared to face changes and assume quickly new and unexpected opportunities for development which sometimes are out of their are of comfort. Employees in Monsanto should be so agil to adapt to changes.

Provide with more feedback and coaching to their team members: It is through people managers the way to strength even more the Company.

Other Reviews for Monsanto Company

n/a

Current Employee - IT Manager
    Current Employee - IT Manager

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

astronomical growth of company - great opportunties

Cons

Top Heavy - many ready to retire

n/a

Accountant

Current Employee - Accountant  in  Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Accountant in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Monsanto Company has good health benefits and a generous match retirement savings plan. The company is very focused on safety and wellness, including incentives for wellness activities. Pay is competitive. I really like the matching gifts program and how they encourage volunteerism. After you log a certain number of volunteer hours, they will send a check to that charity. I think the company goal to feed the world is noble.

Cons

Monsanto tends to hire external candidates instead of promoting from within. Morale on some teams is suffering because of this practice. Work/Life balance is a buzz phrase, but I'm working still 12 hour days several times a month. The hiring process takes MONTHS.

Retention is just as important as hiring good people. You have to keep the ones you have happy, encouraged, and challenged. A response back from HR that a position has been filled would be nice instead of learning that you won't be considered for a role until you see the announcement of the person who got the job. Non-employee friends who have applied for jobs at Monsanto have not received the common courtesy of a response to their application to say thanks, but no thanks. They are left wondering.

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company.

Worked for Monsanto Company? Contribute to the Community!