Monsanto Company

www.monsanto.com
  www.monsanto.com
There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company

Frustrating, opportunities to advance are scarce and have been for the last 3 years.

Current Employee - Internal Audit in Saint Louis, MO
Current Employee - Internal Audit in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Monsanto Company

Pros

Monsanto has a gorgeous campus and overall very nice facilities. My schedule is relatively flexible, I can arrive at work at 6am and leave by 2pm, as long as I am at 40 hours by the end of the week its not a problem.

Cons

Working side by side with some of the laziest individuals who accomplish in one week what literally takes me an hour. Though specific incidents have been brought to the attention of management things remain unchanged, an email might go out to the whole department "reminding" us to work as efficiently as possible. This is my first experience in a corporate setting which I understand will be very different from private but if the stockholders saw the performance of these paid employees I guarantee they would be outraged.

Take action.

461 Other Employee Reviews for Monsanto Company (View Most Recent)

Talented, professional colleagues make Monsanto an excellent place to work and grow.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company

Pros

The people you get to work with are top quality. They all have something to teach you and all know how to have fun, too. The company is very good about safety and a work-life balance. Working at the headquarters also offers an invaluable opportunity to collaborate with and meet people from all different departments.

Cons

As with all big companies, many decisions are driven by politics. Entire projects and even departments have been cut suddenly.

In my experience, meeting regularly with one's superior to get feedback on performance has been key in keeping employees motivated and interested in what they do. It helps to maintain a stream of communication that emphasizes the roles that one's day-to-day responsibilities play in the larger picture.

Wonderful

Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO
    Former Employee - Senior Recruiter in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Monsanto Company

Pros

Flexible schedule, good communication and wonderful people

Cons

Contractors are better than perm employees and contractors are the ones cut during cut backs, too many meetings

There are newer employer reviews for Monsanto Company