Monster Inc

There are newer employer reviews for Monster Inc

Monster Review

Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Brisbane, CA
Current Employee - Individual Contributor in Brisbane, CA

I have been working at Monster Inc full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Great people to work with! I am a current employee and after reading all these negative reviews, I just had to get on here and speak about my personal experience. I have been here for 1.5 years and love what I do with Monster. While maintaining a work/life balance is tough, it is not impossible! Things are a bit more chaotic in some departments than in others, however, if you are an "A" type personality and are looking to step into a leadership role, you may not like it here. Monster is Noel Lee's company.. he is deeply involved in all aspects of the business. Some view this as a negative.. in some cases that may be so. I do, however, believe he made the company what we are today... so the man must know something about how to run a successful company.

People are recognized for their contributions, however, delicate flowers, looking for constant praise will not fit in well here.

Cons

Maintaining a work life balance. Monster is not for everyone! You either love it or you hate it.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Monster Inc (View Most Recent)

50% work, the other 50% stay afloat by stepping on your head....

I have been working at Monster Inc full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great people to work with. (those that work) The products are cool, and you will be able to get to try most of the product out.

Cons

Having to come into the office everyday to hear ranting and raving of why business is down. Pressure is high and continues to mount. CEO's word is law, HR does not exist, upper management is worthless. (They only work when CEO looks at them, otherwise it goes to all the underlings)

There is no continuity, there is no relevant pricing. You're not in demand Noel Lee, so stop trying to be cool and just adjust with the market! Learn from your son, stop letting good people go. Get rid of those managers who don't do anything, just take your money from you to show up at the office at 11am and then leave at 4pm. AND GET A HALFWAY LEGIT MARKETING STAFF!

Grass isn't always greener

I worked at Monster Inc full-time (less than a year)

Pros

The money I guess but life isn't about money so be careful what you wish for.

Cons

If you are good at drinking their kool-aid you will last a while and if you want to work for a slave driving company, this is the spot. Business has gone downhill and will continue to do so for several years. CEO is a micro-manager and you will never feel great about working here.

There are newer employer reviews for Monster Inc