There are newer employer reviews for Monster Inc

Job Seekers dont jump on the sinking ship

Former Employee - Finance Manager  in  Brisbane, CA
Former Employee - Finance Manager in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

No education requirements. Many workers only have a high school education or overseas equivalent and it was never a problem. I also had no experience in the CE industry. I even had termination from my old job and was welcomed in to my dismay.

Cons

No raises whatsoever, every year the benefits shrink, healthcare gets re-negotiated and everyone applauds them for lowering costs, but no one sees that the employee pays more. Each year my rent goes up but my pay at monster goes techically goes down. We raise the price of cables internationally and pay more each year to monster suppliers, but the employees get nothing. There are no merit raises, annual reviews, or HR department. Really there is no HR ever in their office. They pretend to run marketing or are "working from home". The few times Ive contacted HR it was like a big burden for them to do work. For all of you new hires, make sure you negotiate your salary very high, because thats all youll get.

Upper management needs to listen to its employees and benchmark themselves with other CE companies. Create a HR department and raise the morale of the workers who make monster great. I worked in Finance and I saw all of the salaries go up and up of all the EC members. Some got raises over 400% in the last 5 years. My advice to hire A-players and do what you can to make them happy. Do not be afraid to hire people smarter than you. Yea they may take your job one day, but thats the way the world works. All of the upper management are dictators who bark orders and are so scared of the CEO they become "YES" managers to everything the CEO says. Also not a single person in the company can deal with the senior management of the sales team. Leaders need to engage their workers and inspire them, be role models. Seeing the Senior Sales VP's at Monster show me all of the things I never want to be in a leader. If you have leaders that everyone likes, they will enjoy their jobs more and take a sense of pride working for Monster.

62 Other Employee Reviews for Monster Inc (View Most Recent)

I survived the Monster.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Brisbane, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Brisbane, CA

I worked at Monster Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great co-workers and a good place to get your feet wet. There were also some benefits with employee discount and non-fixed hours. As long as you did 8 hrs it didnt matter what time you came in.

Cons

Management was haphazard from the top down. Noel either needs to retire or replace all the yes men that have taken over his upper management team. Also there is no planning or forethought. Everything is reactionary. Finally its dog eat dog with no one having your back and HR is there in name only.

Look within yourself and see if your actions are actually good for the company and not just for yourself. Otherwise you should do everyone a favor and quit.

Dont Leave your current Job - Promised the moon and got a free headphone

I worked at Monster Inc

Pros

The worker bees are great people and can teach you a lot if you are fresh out of college.

Cons

Poor benefits, no room for advancement, and no raises.

Dont promise room for advancement then take someone from a good job to go to Monster. I worked here for 2.5 years and found out there are NO RAISES. I thought it was a joke but co-workers told me you have to beg for a raise even after 5 years. I would go to HR to ask for a raise, but honestly after 2.5 years Im not sure Monster has a HR department. I recommend you hire a Sales Leader, not someone no one can stand. If no ones likes your leader, what do you think the field thinks of your leaders, or the buyers who buy the product.

There are newer employer reviews for Monster Inc

Worked for Monster Inc? Contribute to the Community!