Worst Experience of my Career

Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Maynard, MA
Former Employee - Senior Analyst in Maynard, MA

Pros

The benefits were decent. And there were fun things to do to waste time -- pool table, etc. Neat building.

Cons

I worked at Monster for a few years and I can honestly say that I did not do anything. I was not the only one -- no one ever took ownership for their responsibilities (likely because they didn't do anything either). Monster could easily get rid of half of its employees and function just fine. Also, decisions were always made without involving the main players. If a Marketing decision were made, no doubt no one from Marketing was involved.

Other Employee Reviews for Monster Worldwide

1. Great technical learning experiences

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cambridge, MA

Pros

1. Great technical exposure. If you're looking for technical challenges, then yes, you'll love it here! 2. Fast paced organization - pretty aggressive deadlines 3. You'll get parking in the Maynard, MA but great views in Cambridge, MA (near MIT) 4. Co-workers are very motivated and knowledgeable in general.

Cons

1. Processes are not really in place 2. Extremely high initial learning curve. 3. Not much knowledge/information documented properly. This is because of the very fast paced, aggressive schedules and the agile changes. This is problematic. 4. Pay hikes are very meager. 5. Slow promotions

2. Since my start at Monster I have been given ample opportunities to grow professional and personally.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Florence, SC

Pros

Monster offeres a competitive and stimulating environment in which to work with great compensation. They pride themselves in quality hires and building cohesive teams that help individuals achieve both corporate and personal goals. They are an industry leader with cutting edge technology and the tools to help you get the job done.

Cons

Working at Monster can be a challenge to those who are slow to adapt to change and have difficulties working with cutting edge software.

Advice to Management

Continue to work hard and deliver the tools & information that will help your teams succeed, while bringing in lower level employees to help influence the growht of the organization.