Great life balance

Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA
Current Employee - Account Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

The best part is you get to work from where ever you feel like it ie.. Home, Starbucks, at the beach wherever your heart desires. Or don't work at all one day and no body cares or knows what you're doing. Calling in sick or for vacation not necessary either. As long as your showing numbers, that's all this company cares about. Benefits used to be fantastic with just a $500 deductible for $330 a month family plan but now it's $4000 deductible.

Cons

Extremely high quotas, management is never available when needed. Biggest problem with this company is they require things of you but never ever follow through with it. They create products to compete with companies when there's no completion in the first place. Apples and oranges are fruit but nothing alike. They create technology products and expect non-techie sales people to sell it. They offer incentives to sell certain products because they know those products are tough to sell. Plus they bought Hotjobs a few years back when HJ was going down hill. So they invest in a company that wasn't making any money and is not helping to make money. Not to mention this company is up for sale now. They have huge social media competitors and they have no idea how to compete. They're job postings don't work and they make clients spend more money in other products to make job postings work better.

Advice to Management

Be around more for your team. Live a day in your sales team shoes.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great training and great people...just a fair amount of politics.

Former Employee - Director of Sales in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Director of Sales in Chicago, IL

I worked at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great training provided by leadership to make sure that we were successful in managing and selling. Good work environment and enjoyed most of the people.

Cons

Fairly political organization with an aging product mix that was limited and not very progressive in keeping with the new technology or offerings.

Just not moving forward

I have been working at Monster Worldwide full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I have some co workers who are so smart and so great to work with it. Monster is pretty good at work life balance. The overall stability of the company does seem better then what it once was.

Cons

It just seems like there are a lot of people who do nothing. We have started trying to be more innovative, however just aren't heading in the right direction. Just seems to me we are mirroring our competitors instead of getting a head of the game. We have a lot of people who stop things from moving forward and everything gets trapped in process. There is a lot of time making up for where Sales seems to lack.

Advice to Management

Clean a little more house and get the sales team to sale.