Monster Worldwide

www.monster.com

Monster Worldwide - trying hard but still falling behind

Current Employee - Product Manager  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Product Manager in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Good opportunities for advancement, the organization is mostly a meritocracy, vacation time is above average if you can find the time to actually use it.

Cons

Monster is a big company and it struggles under it's own weight. In a market that's filled with younger, more mobile companies, innovation at Monster is stifled by corporate bureaucracy.

Monster is a web 1.0 company struggling in a web 2.0 world. Adapting current best practices and focusing on getting beyond the keyword/zipcode job search would be a step in the right direction. Focusing on user experience and interface would go a long way toward increasing the consumer value proposition.

Other reviews for Monster Worldwide

Symbolism rules at Monster

Current Employee - Internet Recruitment Consultant  in  Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Internet Recruitment Consultant in Tempe, AZ

Pros

Many opportunities to Advance, Nice office, good incentives and sales trips

Cons

Poor communication, Senior Management is all new and comes from the previous company of the CEO, incredibly poor morale, hard to believe what management says, we are losing our top spot in the competitive landscape, product innovation is lacking, opportunity to make money is going down the drain, attrition is huge, we have lost our "great atmosphere" that brought me to Monster, our location is one third the size it used to be, we lost the best Sales Leader we have ever had in January, takes too long to get anything done, they make it hard to "just sell", losing market share

Communicate, communicate, communicate

Leading Web 2.0 Company Finds Its Own Niche

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Pros

The people at Affinity are what makes this working environment light and exciting. People are allowed to have fun and are encouraged to work hard. Because we're still very young but have great potential, everyone is motivated to be the best, to top last month's numbers, to always be improving. Our company feels transparent and strong.

Cons

I'd have to say that its hard to keep up with the pace - we're growing fast. It feels competitive at times, which can be good or bad. Also, there is not much room for vertical growth - everyone plays their own role and that's it. Of course, these are all common downsides of a start-up-like company, which comes with many benefits.

While the company is intimate and hardworking, I feel uncertain about my performance because we don't receive enough feedback. I'm proud of the work I do, and I hope others are too.

There are newer employer reviews for Monster Worldwide.

Worked for Monster Worldwide? Contribute to the Community!