Montage Resort and Spa
www.montagelagunabeach.com Laguna Beach, CA 1000 to 5000 Employees

Fantastic career and life learning experience!

Naaah (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Montage Resort and Spa full-time

ProsPeople, location, working conditions, management, training, many more I am leaving out, I'm sure. It is a really, really nice place to work, without a doubt!

ConsTypical non-union situation. Management is conditioned to put the company first. Front line associates although treated with respect and appreciation, are left without an advocate. They are minor issues, but left without resolution will only perpetuate lower-than-possible morale.

Advice to Senior ManagementLive up to your values; "Do the right thing". The reason unions exist is because the employee craves the security they feel that someone is protecting their interest. Employees are not looking to bite the hand that feeds them. They only seek fair and equitable consideration. What are you waiting for; another company to show you how it's done?

Don't do it if you have self respect - unless you desperately need money

Guest Services (Current Employee)
Laguna Beach, CA

I have been working at Montage Resort and Spa full-time for less than a year

Pros: Nice training program SOME managers will go above and beyond for… Cons: Guests will demand the moon and even if its something inappropriate or not achievable, theres something going on with the management that believes we should/could. Terrible… Advice to Senior Management: Middle management is a mess. There is never enough coverage. Hire more people who WANT to be there and get rid of toxic employees. You… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Gain a lot of experience in hospitality, but you'll work hard for it.

Concierge (Former Employee)
Laguna Beach, CA

I worked at Montage Resort and Spa part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Beautiful location, most of the staff is friendly, you'll have great stories to tell friends and families for years to… Cons: Guests are never perfect, some can be downright ridiculous, some managers are horrendous, rules are very strict (dress… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Montage Resort and Spa.

Worked for Montage Resort and Spa? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Montage Resort and Spa reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Montage Resort and Spa CEO JAMES BERMINGHAM. All reviews posted anonymously by Montage Resort and Spa employees.