Montash

www.montash.com

great

Pros

one of the most meritocratic and motivating environments i can imagine. strong emphasis on support and development. Very bright team with big ambitions.

Cons

Because of the size of the company and the demand for our work it can become overstretched and aspects of training may be un-prioritised in favor of delivery.

Other reviews for Montash

a very energetic, supportive and meritocratic workplace!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Pros

There is a giant graphic on the kitchen wall which highlights all the different career paths you can take within Montash. This is so everyone knows where they can be, what they need to achieve and how they can get there. The company is a meritocracy and is very honest. I was told in my interview that regardless of my background or who I was, as long as I worked hard, I would be put in charge of people. The offices are very stylish and scream technology, innovation and Montash. This is all thanks to the marketing team at Montash.

They manage every detail. From the design of internal birthday cards and inspiring graphics on the toilet mirrors to LinkedIn profiles and Montash's website, everything is professional and well devised.

At Montash they look after their staff. There is fresh fruit in the kitchen, free breakfast on a Friday, top-quality coffee and expensive 'Borg and Overstrom' filtered water-coolers dotted around the office. The offices are always very clean and the desks are spacious. Success is widely rewarded here in both terms of commission and recognition. Failure is rewarded with classroom, on-the-job training and attention from the supportive management here. The management want you to succeed as much as you want to. Nobody here wants to see anybody else fail. Montash is a friendly, energetic, fun and supportive team of talented professionals. The management have a good balance of authority, 'strictness', humor and forgiveness.

Montash doesn't end at 5:30pm on a Friday. Everyone stays in the office to enjoy a cold beer from the fridge, good music, some table-tennis and a catch-up before continuing the Friday-feeling in various restaurants, bars and other past-times around London.

Their offices are about a 60 second walk from Old Street tube station. The offices have great connections to the rest of the city via the Northern line, Central and Met line.

The MD at Montash is a down-to-earth and all-around nice guy. He never hesitates to speak to you, whether he passes you by in the Kitchen or you make eye-contact from across the room. He sit's among everyone on the sales-floor too, giving out advice, motivating staff and just generally taking an interest in you personally.

My favorite pro for working at Montash is the table-tennis at lunch. There is a full-sized, professional table-tennis table in the middle of the sales-floor; they don't just work professionally, they play professionally too. It helps new staff to get involved and socialize, as well as breeding a competitive yet fun environment. I myself got to know most of the people here, by playing table-tennis with them.

Cons

As per any recruitment role, it is unlike any other office job, the hours are long and there is only an hour break in the day.

The job is also very stressful, you need to be resilient and thick-skinned. You will hear the word 'no' and get rejected a hundred odd times, before you succeed.

Keep up the good work. I can already see the company progressing and having an exceptional service with candidates and clients, they are setting a high industry standard. The company is already rapidly expanding, so my advice would be to ensure that the support and recognition given to staff continues with the ongoing growth of the company.

A strong combo of elitism / sexism and propaganda........no not Soviet Russia....... Montash

Former Employee - IT Recruiter  in  London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - IT Recruiter in London, England (UK)

Pros

Its not as cold as Soviet Russia
    I was paid a salary
    they had fruit

Cons

The recent propaganda Montash have distributed through the use of Glassdoor is a thin veil over the deep cracks within the company. The turnover of staff is huge as senior management are more concerned about filling targets as opposed to treating people like human beings. It's entertaining to think that a company with such a strong group of dissatisfied ex-employees thinks they can create a new persona for the company through the use of a PUBLIC social media site. Similarities can be seen between the Gulag of the USSR and senior management at Montash - they work their staff like dogs, the work is mundane and boring, huge gulf between senior management and workers, little to no chance of career trajectory. To be fair Montash do have a nice new office as opposed to mines in Siberia. Being ridden like Seabiscuit for a poor salary and fake promises of untold wealth in bonuses wasn't for me.

More democracy,
    more autonomy,
    less rape and pillaging of staff

There are newer employer reviews for Montash.

Worked for Montash? Contribute to the Community!