Mood Media

www.moodmedia.com
  www.moodmedia.com
There are newer employer reviews for Mood Media

It an alright job until they lay you off.

Current Employee - Central Support Specialist in Fort Mill, SC
Current Employee - Central Support Specialist in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Mood Media full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Ok insurance benefits, 4 weeks of time off, good environment.

Cons

They are trying to become more efficient and profitable, meaning they are laying off employees left and right.

Your are going to implode your company.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Mood Media (View Most Recent)

I was just a number

Former Employee - Account Executive
    Former Employee - Account Executive

I worked at Mood Media full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Worked from home and a great boss and good co-workers.

Cons

Equipment shortages and installation problems for almost every order that was turned in. I received a phone call at about 2pm that my position had been eliminated effectively immediately. Huge layoffs at their Ft. Mill, SC facility with no regard to any individuals performance. We were terminated based on either hire date or by entire departments or job titles.

Your employees are more than the sum of numbers on a spread sheet. You won't be able to build loyalty among your new hires to replace those of us who were laid off if your attitude continues.

No Raises, Constant Layoffs, No Advancement, Employees aren't Appriciated!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Mill, SC

I have been working at Mood Media full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of PTO. When it was Muzak, we had fun company events, good pay, and things were looking up. The trouble started when Mood Media purchased the company.

Cons

Worked here company for 7 years, it was great before Mood Media bought it. Haven't had a raise in about 5 years. Company boasts "500 million in profits" on the Undercover Boss CBS special just two weeks ago, but follows it up with mass layoff just last week, citing "need to streamline the business". Since Mood Media took over the US companies (Muzak, Trusonic, DMX), they've kept all pay increases HALTED, no more 401 matching, less benefits and back to back layoffs. Employees are doing the jobs of what was once done by 3-5 people. There are no promotions. The CEO, Lorne, responds to inquiries about pay increases with the response: "If you work here for the money, you're in it for the wrong reason". Though I'm sure he's got no problem making a profit. Seems as though the company is cutting operating costs with NO regard for the outcome of the company. Goal is likely to snow the investors, make the books look pretty and re-sell the company to some poor sap who it will then collapse under. Lorne is a hedgefund baby that has no love for the company or industry. RUN AWAY!! They will USE you and LOOSE you!!

Stop treating your employees like disposible waste. You're loosing your most valuable assests, experianced employees.

There are newer employer reviews for Mood Media