Mood Media
www.moodmedia.com Austin, TX 500 to 999 Employees

Mood Madness

Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee)
Austin, TX

ProsThe pay is definitely nice and the people aren't terrible.

ConsWhen i began at Mood Media it was very much a team/family type of environment, with all of the Exec changes going on the CS department has taken a huge shift from being a family to morphing into a super competitive dog eat dog type of environment. The CS department is always understaffed which puts a ridiculous strain on EVERYONE. People became so stressed about hitting target numbers (35+ calls a day in some cases along with 10+ email responses) that the customer's experience stopped being put first.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire people that can be trusted to do their jobs effectively and you would likely have to worry less about hitting target numbers. Granted each department has quotas that need to be met but those numbers should not come at the price of your employee's well being or of the experience of your customers.

Disorganized at best.

I have been working at Mood Media

Pros: PTO & the Muzak legacy employees that were still working in the Ft Mill, SC home office before the headquarters were transitioned to… Cons: Once Mood Media purchased Muzak then DMX and we were consolidated together under the Mood Media name everything turned to chaos. What made Muzak stand… Advice to Senior Management: Do right by your clients and by your employees as you're not the only music provider out there. Cookie-cutter is not always best; sometimes custom-tailoring… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Merger(s) are difficult but Mood Media has what it takes to succeed for those who roll with the challenges.

Analyst (Current Employee)
    Austin, TX

I have been working at Mood Media full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 4 weeks PTO, great benefits, job security (if you're a… Cons: Restructuring is causing disorganization and confusion. Priorities seem muddled as everything… Advice to Senior Management: Invest in talent - in short, pay better and you'll keep them. Even incentives… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Mood Media.

Worked for Mood Media? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Mood Media reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Mood Media CEO Steve Richards. All reviews posted anonymously by Mood Media employees.