Moody's

www.moodys.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Moody's

This company sucks despite my successful multi continent career at Moody's

Former Employee - Associate Analyst in New York, NY
Former Employee - Associate Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Moody's

Pros

International presence, access to senior management, access to regulators, international opportunities

Cons

Management is a joke, pay is extremely uncompetitive and cost culture trumps any achievements you may have. I would highly recommend looking elsewhere. Even if you're running laps around people, they'll find a way to give you a lower performance rating than you would otherwise garner to prevent giving larger bonus. Not just my experience, but pretty common across the board, globally. You can exceed expectations any for 5 years and not get promoted, even at junior levels.

Ok for a year or two out of college, or a place to let your career wind down while getting some level of pay, but that's about it.

Don't know where to start.

235 Other Employee Reviews for Moody's (View Most Recent)

A decent company to work for.

Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Moody's

Pros

Moody's highly supports employees to advance their careers. Moody's is very collaborative, team oriented culture.

Cons

Expect to work long hours.

I think many groups are under staff.

Great people and culture, a little disorganized

Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Summer Intern in New York, NY

I worked at Moody's

Pros

Structure is very flat, was able to talk to a lot of people from associate analysts up to senior management
    Received encouraging messages from management
    Horizontal movement is easy
    You learn as much as you want, or as little as you want - internship experience is defined by individual candidates, not groups or managers

Cons

Very disorganized HR and programming for interns, may be a function of recruiters being new to their roles
    Some people love their jobs there, and others don't --hinders overall productivity in some groups
    Receiving feedback depended on group and manager's schedules
    Groups are highly separated
    Little vertical movement seen for the future, more outside hires come in at higher levels and promotions are hard to get and occur once a year

Recruit your interns earlier to get a better, more competent class. Also, it's great that interns are able to talk to senior management and leadership, but middle and entry level employees should get that access too.

There are newer employer reviews for Moody's