There are newer employer reviews for Moody's

Rock solid business and tremendous growth opportunities

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Moody's full-time

Pros

growth and lots of good projects to work on

Cons

political environment all around, need to watch your back.

mentoring program

198 Other Employee Reviews for Moody's (View Most Recent)

The experience overall was very satisfying.

Former Employee - Financial Data Associate  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Financial Data Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Moody's full-time

Pros

The do a good job of having corporate activities in order to keep everyone involved and upbeat.

Cons

A very lackadaisical atmosphere and sometimes get overwhelmingly busy.

do you best

Really Depends Who You Work For

Current Employee - Assistant Vice President  in  New York, NY
    Current Employee - Assistant Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Moody's full-time for more than a year

Pros

I think your experience at Moody's depends on who you work for and what you do. As a member of the IT department, I am very satisfied with my salary and bonus this past year. I also have a very good manager that recognizes my contributions and challenges and promotes me to upper management. I feel very comfortable speaking my mind to all levels of management which fosters a feeling that I am really contributing. Also, with all the personal days and floating holidays, we get basically 4 weeks vacation, our 401k and retirement package is great. Health benefits are very good. Promotions are based on merit and not time served which is nice. Alot of flexibility in working from home. Very socially progressive company

Cons

I feel like sometimes the left hand doesnt know what the right hand is doing in my department which can be frustrating. Also, there isnt alot of accountability. Kind of a stale environment and a bit boring. Also, if you work for the wrong team, you will hate your job. Some teams at Moody's pull 80 hour weeks and expect you to work nights, weekends and even holidays as the default (work life balance for these people is non-existent) so be careful who you work for. Dental is pretty bad. I dont really like the WTC location either.

I'm generally happy but I think alot of it has to do with my team and my manager. i know there are people in other teams being pushed to the brink so I think there is an extreme mix of satisfaction levels across IT and moodys as a whole.

There are newer employer reviews for Moody's

Worked for Moody's? Contribute to the Community!