There are newer employer reviews for Moog

Not a place to grow but good for a senor engineer to retire.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Moog

Pros

Excellent benefit - Good health and retirement.The industrial section is extremely laid back. It is definitely a good place for an experience engineer in the 55's to take it easy and retire.

Cons

- No contribution into career development
- No structural organization example: [if you are an engineer and need technician help to put together an electronics circuit then I will say good luck to you].

Advice to Management

I think the corporate Mgmt are pretty good. However, the industrial department Mgmt need more technical knowledge to overcome missed opportunities.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great culture

Former Employee - Associate Product Engineer in East Aurora, NY
    Former Employee - Associate Product Engineer in East Aurora, NY

I worked at Moog

Pros

Supportive work environment. If I move back to Western NY I will definitely go back to Moog. My managers and co-workers were great. Great technologies

Cons

Didn't care much for the weather in East Aurora NY; also there was competition for resources between programs and departments that could cause aggravation if your program wasn't deemed the most important.

Advice to Management

Continue with the minimal hierarchy principles.

2. Mr. Brady is doing a great job at growing the company but at the expense of the employees especially in AG.

Current Employee - Program Manager in East Aurora, NY
    Current Employee - Program Manager in East Aurora, NY

I have been working at Moog

Pros

Moog is a growing company. There are opportunities to transfer to other Groups. If you like to travel, there is significant opportunity to do so. People at the working level are very capable. Engineers will love this company as they have the opportunity to "tinker". Pay is generally very good.

Cons

Management in Aircraft Group is arrogant and condescending and work in a good old boy network. Older employees are quite often made to feel they have a low sense of value. Many retire early just to get out even though it costs them heavily in retirement benefits. If you do not make it in the good old boy network, you will limit your career path. Moog is a reactionary company. Real good at fixing things that go wrong, but not so good at preventing problems. Teaming concepts have overtaken common sense. Moog is an engineering and sales company. Anyone in operations are second class citizens.

Advice to Management

Corporate management needs to pay close attention to what is going on in the Aircraft Group.