There are newer employer reviews for Morega Systems

Great place to work

I worked at Morega Systems

Pros

Learning and training, able to do more tasks than your role.

Cons

Remote location
Not able to park inside

6 Other Employee Reviews for Morega Systems (View Most Recent)

a mess and almost bankrupt company

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I have been working at Morega Systems full-time for more than a year

Pros

enviroment is ok, it is hard to say any more pros

Cons

bad and mess management, not friendly, everyone is panic, scarry to be laid off

learn more about technology

Sr. Developer C++

Former Employee - Senior Developer C++  in  Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Former Employee - Senior Developer C++ in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I worked at Morega Systems full-time for less than a year

Pros

They stock up on free coffee and snacks once in a while.
    Somewhat flexible working hours.

Cons

For the small period I was working here I could not figure out what they did, what they sold, this is a sad state of affair. I consider myself an intelligent person but I had no idea what they were doing? I was kept in the dark working in a very small scope.

I had a team lead that was like a ghost , hardly ever around.

I asked how I could better prepare for the role and never got any input. I asked for a demo of their product and never got it. I had to arrange a meeting with QA to try to figure what they were creating. After the QA demo I still had no idea what the company was doing, I saw another companies product in the test demo, didn't know where our product(code) came in, either software or hardware. It was a joke!

Their idea of unit testing is creating test cases using googletest, this framework allows coders to create "mock" classes that in most cases allow bad test cases to pass.

All the other team exist in their own silo, no one communicates across these different teams, has no idea what they are doing. Overall there is very little communication across teams.

Management here is strictly business, the company has a short runway to become profitable and as a result anyone is dispensable.

One of the management there looks at "EVERY" code check-in and has been doing so since day one. He should be busy running the company and less worried about who is checking in what. This implies your worth is derived from the code check-in you make, both quantity and quality.

The company has no real product to sell, most of the stuff done here has no value to make them a player in the market. It's a company that is running on fumes backed only by Venture Capital money.

Cisco is "trying" to gut out this company for talent, all the while this company has some type of partnership with Cisco. I don't get this bizarre arrangement. What I do get is Cisco has no long term plan for their partnership and their is just a gap-fill relationship.

Things have gone from bad to worse when their new appointed CEO "buddy" who is a ball-breaker. If you love agile, long hours, having all your task broken do to the "day" and all your freaking time accounted for then this is a place for you. Personally this is a hell of a way to waste your life and be stressed, life is too short, money can't buy your health back, and you don't need jerk running your life like this.

Start respecting the people you hire.

There are newer employer reviews for Morega Systems

Worked for Morega Systems? Contribute to the Community!