Moreno Valley Unified School District

mvusd.k12.ca.us

Enter at your own risk

Magician (Former Employee) Moreno Valley, CA

ProsIf it is near your home, it is attractive.

ConsA school board that micro-manages.
Promotions on a basis other than skills and competence.
An inept HR department.
The residents overall do not support the educational process, nor do they value it.
The public's perception of the School District as a community jobs program required to employ the unemployable.
Directors lacking even basic business acumen.
A community made up of gang bangers who fled east LA and South Central while the housing market was beneficial and they could dump their hovels for obscene profits they used to buy homes in Mo Val.

Advice to Senior ManagementTrust your managers, hire for competence instead of years in the district, run the district like a business rather than a social agency.
Many managers are incredibly frustrated because of the incompetence at the director level.

Tutor

AVID Tutor (Former Employee)

I worked at Moreno Valley Unified School District part-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Getting to have a real affect on students Cons: They only hire substitute teachers with teaching degrees More

It is still rewarding as of 1/8/14 working at the MVUSD.

IA-SDS-II (Current Employee) Moreno Valley, CA

I have been working at Moreno Valley Unified School District full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I enjoy working at the MVUSD but there are no… Cons: We did not get a raise since 10/7/07 Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Moreno Valley Unified School District.

Worked for Moreno Valley Unified School District? Contribute to the Community!