There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Borszcz Consulting

Junior Level Position

Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Analyst in Washington, DC

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting

Pros

MBC is a minority woman owned business. Established in 2001, MBC serves a wide array of clients from government agencies to commercial businesses that seek leading Big 5 consulting talent at affordable rates. MBC provides these talented, experienced and knowledgeable resources for all of our clients.

Cons

MBC is a small 8a firm so for those looking for a larger consulting firm this may not be the place for you, however if you are driven, dedication, and looking for an opportunity to grow with a company MBC is a great fit.

MBC has been listed on Inc. fastest growing companies and continues to emphasize business development, however this emphasis, must be parallel with the importance of the clients we serve.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Borszcz Consulting (View Most Recent)

Great Management Consulting Firm

Current Employee - Senior Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hired into MBC to provide consulting support to a government client. MBC has a great amount of experience and solutions for a small company, rivaling much larger firms, but it still feels like a small firm with its dedicated care for its employees. Good team environment with consultants helping across solutions and client areas – very professional staff and culture. Expanding rapidly so there are plenty of growth opportunities if you are willing to put in the effort. Overall, MBC is a great company across the board – I’ve worked with a few and it is the best one so far!

Cons

Only two primary offices so some consultants don’t get the full effect of the great office environment. Still, management makes constant effort to stay engaged and in contact.

Management currently does the best job I have seen at retaining the balance of managing the work but not micromanaging. I feel like I have someone I can go to for advice or questions but they are not constantly over my shoulder. Please continue to promote this approach – it works!

A career choice with MBC after 10+ yrs with the same company

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

I have been working at Morgan Borszcz Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

I'm a cautious person... Making a career choice is one of the most difficult decisions a person is faced with, especially when you are the type of individual like me - who "stays"! Making the right or wrong decision will have a huge impact on your life, as well as the lives of those around you such as your spouse, children, etc. It's a choice that shouldn't be taken lightly; one that should be researched and considered before jumping in action. I received an offer from MBC at the end of 2011 and before making a decision I did just that, and I'm glad I did... I took the time to meet with peers, operational staff (such as HR and the receptionist!), and of course board level management. Before accepting I wanted to understand what it's truly like to work inside MBC from multiple perspectives. MBC's team was very receptive to my questions and desire to understand where they were headed and where I would fit in the big picture. Not only did they work with me to set a path they afforded me the opportunity to create a path of my own. The year has flown by, I have had the chance to work with some of the brightest individuals from the big 5 consulting houses to the technologically advanced architects... We share ideas, collaborate, help clients and create opportunities to grow our staff. I believe my role and the overall position is meaningful.

In addition to the benefits of "work" at MBC. There are pros to the family oriented activities, such as taking my children to the bowling alley with the other employees and their families, hanging out at the annual picnic waiting for my turn at water balloon toss... and of course wiping off the face paint from my son's cheek at the end of the night.

In my opinion MBC is a very good company to work for. They don't forget the little things to keep it fun and make it personal. They somehow have been able to maintain the key ingredients of a successful organization. Many companies have lost this along the way, especially with big business budget cuts and downsizing... I'm thankful I made the choice I did and look forward to many more years with the company.

Cons

As with any company my primary complaint is the cost of health insurance. I would probably have this complaint regardless of where I worked...

Keep doing the small stuff!

There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Borszcz Consulting