There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Lewis

Excellent team, great learning experience

Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Morgan Lewis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

The leadership team is excellent and committed to professional development. A very broad client base poses terrific learning opportunities. Great company culture, and very fair work-life balance (for a big law firm).

Cons

There were very few negatives about working at Morgan Lewis. I enjoyed learning from the senior associates and partners, and do not have anything bad to say about the experience. I ultimately left on very good terms and continue to work with them today (as a client).

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Like all companies and job, there are good &great things re the company & job and there are not so good things at times

Current Employee - Paralegal in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Paralegal in Washington, DC

I have been working at Morgan Lewis full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Back in 2009, teamwork and atmosphere, good working environment with the attorneys in the IP Practice Group that I worked for, given lots of responsibility, no micro-management or people looking over shoulders, you were expected to do your assignments and to do them in reasonable amount of time to do the project and to do them timely.

Cons

Sometimes you felt like just a number in the firm, no real loyalty to employees like in the old days, but they may be it is just the sign of times and the business environment these days. Definitely not like some other companies that are in the market place it the top companies to work for like Google or others, but it wasn't a bad place. Afterall, it is a law firm.

Advice to Management

I'd like to, but I don't know if it would make any difference because of my thinking and beliefs in running a company are completely different than a lot of managers in all sorts of companies (small, medum & large) in all sorts of fields & Industries. As a manager, my concern is that the work gets done and that the employees show up each day, are productive and do a decent days' work. Other than that, most things can be flexible implemented.

Wish I had left sooner

Current Employee - Anonymous Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Morgan Lewis full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Morgan Lewis is stable and predictable. The attorneys, in general, are nice to the staff. The San Francisco office has a great location.

Cons

They were frugal before the recession, but during the recession, they took it to an extreme. No genuine generosity or loyalty towards the staff. Everything is dictated from the HQ in Philadelphia--no exceptions. But, the notable problem with the San Francisco office is the number of people who came into the company via Morgan's merger with the collapsed law firm of Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison in 2003. Many of them have only worked for two firms--Brobeck and Morgan. So, they are always comparing one to the other. Over and over and over again. If you are going to work in the S.F. office, you have to be prepared to deal with that ping pong mind-set.

Advice to Management

Get real with yourselves.