Morgan McKinley

careers.morganmckinley.com

Small company that thinks it's a big company

Senior Consultant (Former Employee) Bristol, England (UK)

ProsGreat I.T. good systems to work on and run by people interested in making a difference to your job Really good marketing department with good ideas that supported the business.

ConsMorgan McKinley wants to be like Michael Page, Robert Half, Badenoch and Clarke or Investigo. The problem is that as they don't have the ability to persuade large stellar clients to recruit on their behalf then the very best candidates only come to Morgan McKinley as maybe their 8th or 9th choice if at all. The recruitment consultants are mostly supposed to find vacancies for themselves by representing the odd decent candidate they manage to meet to everyone in their local area. When a company is interested in the candidate they usually also need a comparison for interview. This is really when Morgan McKinley just cannot compete, as the bigger and better agencies have all those candidates.
It's chicken and egg but they have no chance in a job market that is flooded by good candidates while they still don't have the candidates.
They base success on other company achievement and "performance manage" to those standards. There is no useful advice when a consultant fails. There is massive staff turnover.

Advice to Senior ManagementStop trying to be something you aren't. Grow slowly and treat people fairly. Try to keep staff. Getting graduates to do a difficult sales role isn't fair if even experienced staff can't meet your expectations.

Awful place to work

Financial Accountant (Current Employee) Carrigaline (Ireland)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Multinational company with group hq in Cork Cons: No support from management Blame culture Too many managers No work life balance Advice to Senior Management: Create a work life balance No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Just a great place to work at

Recruitment Consultant (Current Employee) Singapore (Singapore)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time for less than a year

Pros: friendly and driving culture supporting managers Cons: has to start early in the morning Advice to Senior Management: nil Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Morgan McKinley.

Worked for Morgan McKinley? Contribute to the Community!