There are newer employer reviews for Morgan McKinley

Great organisation with excellent leadership

Current Employee - Consultant in Leung Tin Tsuen (Hong Kong)
Current Employee - Consultant in Leung Tin Tsuen (Hong Kong)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great staff and culture with a strong work ethic

Cons

Not many to be honest. Overall a great recruitment company.

Advice to Management

N/A

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Nice People, Excellent Culture, Exceptional Client delivery, Can Lack Creativity and Innovation

Current Contractor - Marketing in London, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Marketing in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Morgan McKinley as a contractor (More than a year)

Pros

Morgan McKinley is a great company to work for and with. There are some very very talented people in the organisation. People are not micro-managed they are 'led' in many cases though not all.

At Morgan McKinley you get autonomy and if you have an opinion or an idea that you are willing to share you will be listened to.

Work here if you want to make a difference and not just be an employee.

Cons

However the sales culture that is recruitment means that sometimes communication can be flawed.
    I see a very high staff turnover however that is expected in recruitment but it means there are inconsistencies with how we present ourselves.
    Training and development could be improved
    I think the general working hours in the London office should be shorter

Advice to Management

More creativity and collaboration.

Worked as an experienced Recruitment Consultant in Dublin

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin (Ireland)

I worked at Morgan McKinley full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Compared to other agencies Ive worked for, Morgan McKinley had nothing special to offer.
    Office in Dublin has lots of natural daylight. I suppose that was a pro

Cons

100% micro managed.
    Very high levels of administration tasks to complete for example being required to do two reference checks on every single candidate interviewed if they were placed or not.
    Unbelievable amounts of KPI's to meet including - no. of phonecalls. no. of internal interviews, no. of CV send outs, no of business development calls, no of speculative CVs sent, no. of client meetings, no of references completed, no. of new jobs acquired, no of candidate interviews.
    Meetings about meetings.
    Weak middle management team.
    Extremely high levels of new business development required.
    Personally I had ethical questions about some information stored about candidates including defamatory opinions and a 'do not use' button based on some consultants personal opinions about a candidates appearance or personality. This was used a lot on the desk I worked.
    Management constantly looking for 'flexiblity' in terms of hours of work but not willing to give same flexibility back. For example, I worked until 7pm most evenings but when I requested an early lunch break to attend a doctors appointment I was asked why I couldn't change the appointment to after working hours and was 'awarded' the early break begrudgingly.
    Some of the management team acted very unprofessionally by making personal remarks during the weekly 'performance reviews'

Advice to Management

Start treating consultants and support staff like grown ups - Hope that a candidate doesnt some day request a copy of some of the information stored about them and sue you for defamation of character