Morgan Stanley

There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley

Trading Analyst in FID

Former Employee - Trader in New York, NY
Former Employee - Trader in New York, NY

I worked at Morgan Stanley full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Good Analyst program... met a lot of nice people

Cons

Lots of red tape... depending on your desk work may or may not be interesting...

Leverage the talent recruited

1977 Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Stanley (View Most Recent)

Used to be a great firm, but is slowly headed in the wrong direction

Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Vice President in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

very smart people, good culture, very strong brand, anyone will take your call because you are Morgan Stanley, in the middle of interesting deals so you get to see a lot of action

Cons

deferred comp getting crazier and crazier, balance sheet not big enough to compete with the big banks, funding costs not competitive for lending or derivatives, and cutting back on sales and trading

Treats employees poorly

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Free coffee. A great brand name that now is losing its luster as talented people are leaving in droves.

Cons

Despite getting the highest of performance ratings, I have not had a bonus since I joined the firm. They have told me each year that after the integration expenses are behind us, you will get what you deserve. And now that integration is over, the new story is that there are other expenses that were unanticipated.

The technology on the wealth management side is crap. FAs are frustrated and there is a reason why MS lost the most number of FAs last year of any wirehouse.

Senior management is so focused on margins, they are stepping on the pay for lower level employees (i.e. VP, AVP).

Morale is vey low.

I plan on leaving this firm as soon as I can.

If you are thinking of working here, try to negotiate a salary you will be happy with for the next three or four years knowing that there will be no pay raise and no bonus.

Don't be greedy. Share the firms success by giving raises and bonuses. Whatever bonus pool and salary raises you do allocate are so low, there is nothing left after the EDs and MDs are paid.

There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley