There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley

Good company, good opportunity

Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee  in  Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Financial Advisor Trainee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Morgan Stanley full-time for more than a year

Pros

They give you a lot of freedom and resources to succeed. The reputation is good and if you are a self starter you can succeed. Management is supportive and want you to succeed.

Cons

Perhaps not enough direction given especially to young employees with limited work experience. It is very difficult to meet goals and the majority of people will fail. Much of this is due to the individual employee not doing enough but the lack of direction from management doesn't help.

Work on integrating new FAs into teams so they are less likely to fail.

1645 Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Stanley (View Most Recent)

Good large company to work for

I worked at Morgan Stanley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great facilities (cafeteria, gym, etc), reasonable pay, independence. Good if you like the more structured corporate world where there are clear rules and procedures.

Cons

Some of their systems seemed lacking, communication was sometimes difficult with other departments.

Great customer service

Current Employee - Banking & Lending Service Professional  in  Columbus, OH
    Current Employee - Banking & Lending Service Professional in Columbus, OH

I have been working at Morgan Stanley as a contractor for more than a year

Pros

Morgan Stanley provides a good work environment, and great customer service. There is a real opportunity to advance within Morgan Stanley, within the corporate offices or if you want to move to a branch.

Cons

I currently work in the Banking and Lending service center, which is in the client service center. There has been some issues with getting hired full-time. They start you as a temporary employee, with the promise of getting hired on. I've been there for over a year, and I still haven't been hired, I don't have the great benefits that MS employees have or the opportunities that they have. I am still able to apply for full time positions, as an external applicant, and am currently trying to get into a branch. I've also noticed that as I'm applying for positions at the branches, they tend to "reorganize" and then no longer need to fill the position.

Don't keep good employees as temporary employees. Hire them as soon as possible, I've seen a lot of really great employees leave because they can get benefits elsewhere.

There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!