Morgan Stanley
www.morganstanley.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Back office under appreciated

Associate (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsBulge bracket banks provide better benefits than smaller banks do, especially for the 401k. Get to work with many incredibly smart people if working with front office.

ConsBack office functions not respected by many front office people. Firm openly talks about trying to cut costs of "non producers". Lowest pay for equivalent work among the bulge brackets.

Short and not sweet.

Intern FARS (Former Employee)
    San Francisco, CA

I worked at Morgan Stanley as an intern for less than a year

Pros: -Looks good on your resume Cons: -Prospecting is just a fancy way of cold calling for 4 hours straight. -FA's don't… Advice to Senior Management: Add some value to the so called "internship". No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

NOT HAPPY

Senior Service Associate (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Morgan Stanley full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I can't give yo a reason to work here Cons: No team work, managers don't see who is not working,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Morgan Stanley.

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morgan Stanley CEO James P. Gorman. All reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees.