There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley

All the employees were willing to guide me and teach me about wealth management fundamentals and practices.

Current Employee - Intern  in  San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Intern in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Morgan Stanley as an intern for less than a year

Pros

It is a great learning environment with motivating co-workers and flexible work hours.

Cons

Unpredictable schedules. Decent amount of stress which is necessary in such a business environment.

1645 Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Stanley (View Most Recent)

Great job, interesting work but poor correlation of comp with performance

I worked at Morgan Stanley

Pros

Good people, challenging projects, opportunity to contribute and learn

Cons

Compensation is like 'wheel of fortune' There was absolutely no correlation with performance and compensation. I was promoted, given more responsibilities and direct reports and received a nominal increase. Also, never received any stock awards despite might contribution.

Reward performance. Be more transparent about compensation methodologies.

Great Experience

Current Employee - Registered Associate  in  Schenectady, NY
    Current Employee - Registered Associate in Schenectady, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley full-time for more than a year

Pros

Working on my team provides a great work life balance. I work with a great group of people in the office - I haven't worked with a group like this anywhere else! The experience is amazing, you have to learn fast,but if you keep up you'll find yourself never bored and learning something new every day.

Cons

As an Assistant with a Masters Degree, the pay is incredibly poor. FAs get paid well if they're successful, but CSAs are paid by the firm, and in my experience its not as much as they're worth. I do believe it is somewhat comparable to other firms in the industry. Working in a small area as compared to a big city limits opportunities for advancement and learning.

There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!