Morgan Stanley
3.4 of 5 1,410 reviews
www.morganstanley.com New York, NY 5000+ Employees

Morgan Stanley, a good place to work - if you can handle working for a large sized company.

Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley

ProsSalary and benefits are excellent. Company follows through on their committment to balancing work / life issues with real incentives and suggestions. They also support additional training or education efforts with their wallet - not just lip service.

ConsEverything you might want to do - no matter how large or small - requires you know the policy, and follow it. Need a new PC? New PC arrived with 2 business days. The staff to set it up (must be union person) - 5 weeks. On the plus side - it's usually pretty easy to find the policy - very good search features on intranet.

Advice to Senior ManagementNot applicable

Recently deposed IT staffer tells all

IT Associate (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at Morgan Stanley

Pros: Huge, innovative global investment bank with a good reputation. Technology is cutting edge and excellent for an organization that size. Despite market… Cons: Unfortunately many. The biggest downside is lack of security. In my 2 + years there I witnessed severe attrition and laying off. While I can't… Advice to Senior Management: Similar complaints from most of us not in management. Underlings are not idiots (at least not all of them). Pay attention to what's happening right… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Stay away from the RFE Program unless you are a sales superstar.

Financial Advisor Trainee (Former Employee)
Columbia, SC

I worked at Morgan Stanley

Pros: Morgan Stanley is a very large company with alot of… Cons: I chose to be a financial advisor trainee and the turnover rate for this position is nearly 80% and are basically given 3 months in… Advice to Senior Management: Make it more possible for someone to succeed as a… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Morgan Stanley.

Worked for Morgan Stanley? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morgan Stanley CEO James P. Gorman. All reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley employees.