Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
www.morganstanleysmithbarney.com Purchase, NY

Started as a wealth management intern, then received a job offer

Client Service Associate (Current Employee)
New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time for less than a year

ProsThey sponsor you to get licensed immediately, there are locations nationwide and internationally so it's good for someone like me who may not plan on living in NYC forever.

ConsIn branches, job opportunities are limited. Your only options are Financial Advisor, Client Service Associate, and Operations. There are several opportunities in Morgan Stanley itself though, so this isn't much of a con.

Don't believe their recruiting promises

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Diego, CA

I worked at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: former reputation and investment banking, not investment management Cons: Don't go there. Check out the significant… Advice to Senior Management: Hire a consulting firm to go into your wealth management area under cover for long enough to know what is really going on in your… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Internship

Mssb Intern (Former Employee)
Mount Laurel, NJ

I worked at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as an intern for less than a year

Pros: - Worked closely with a big investment management team and senior Financial Advisors - Observed how a successful financial advisory business… Cons: - Did not get the exposure to the analytics of investing as I would… Advice to Senior Management: Have a program more focused on educating the intern about… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney CEO Greg Fleming. All reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney employees.