Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
www.morganstanleysmithbarney.com Purchase, NY

MS Global Wealth Management Summer Analyst

Global Wealth Management Summer Analyst (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsI was a part of the MS team for the 2012 summer as a global wealth management summer analyst. I had the opportunity to challenge myself daily and work with a diverse group of people. I was in a market facing role, so my days were always different with new tasks. The directors were all stand-up guys, always offering to lend a helping hand to the rookie and offering advice when needed. The hours were a little long, but the days flew by being around a great group of people.

ConsAs an intern, you always get the short end of the stick. Meaning you get the work load, the phone calls no analysts want to handle, and maybe even the longer day. But, thats part of being the intern.

Advice to Senior ManagementI'm a big guy, I need a longer lunch break.

Many happy years at Smith Barney

Senior Client Service Associate (Former Employee)
    Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Friendly atmosphere, caring firm, puts client first. Cons: Since the merger of Morgan Stanley and Smith Barney in… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great learning experience

Client Service Associate (Current Employee)
    Houston, TX

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney part-time for less than a year

Pros: I had the opportunity to work closely with a financial advisor… Cons: It is a difficult industry, especially in the economy right now, so it is extremely difficult to increase your… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney CEO Greg Fleming. All reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney employees.