Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Unclaimed Profile

Overall good experience

Current Employee - Financial Reporting in New York, NY
Current Employee - Financial Reporting in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Job location is ideal, Management in my department is generally accommodating to schedule changes, work load is manageable, ability to wear multiple hats

Cons

Career movement can be cumbersome, additional work/responsibility does not necessarily equate to additional pay

Advice to Management

My advice to management would be to provide a consistent message in communication to employees. Sometimes there mixed messages as well as inconsistencies that make employees feel an uncertainty in the direction the company is taking.

Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

1. Wonderful experience, but needs just a tad bit more....

Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Financial Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pro's are the prestige and intelligence associated with working for a firm like Morgan Stanley. You are able to gain a wealth of knowledge just from listening to abstract conversations. The responsibility associated with the job is incredible

Cons

The visibility from Senior management at the analyst level is as expected. As an analyst you are there to learn, so not much action (respect if you will) is taken to ensure the develpment and growth of the analyst, deppending on the program. Dog eat Dog atmoshere off and on.

Advice to Management

Management should keep up trying to include all of Morgan Stanley in their surveys, and to keep giving them advice to grow and implement that feedback in their decisions.

2. MS Global Wealth Management Summer Analyst

Former Intern - Global Wealth Management Summer Analyst in New York, NY
    Former Intern - Global Wealth Management Summer Analyst in New York, NY

I worked at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I was a part of the MS team for the 2012 summer as a global wealth management summer analyst. I had the opportunity to challenge myself daily and work with a diverse group of people. I was in a market facing role, so my days were always different with new tasks. The directors were all stand-up guys, always offering to lend a helping hand to the rookie and offering advice when needed. The hours were a little long, but the days flew by being around a great group of people.

Cons

As an intern, you always get the short end of the stick. Meaning you get the work load, the phone calls no analysts want to handle, and maybe even the longer day. But, thats part of being the intern.

Advice to Management

I'm a big guy, I need a longer lunch break.