Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
www.morganstanleysmithbarney.com Purchase, NY

Summer Intern, Okay Experience

Intern (Former Employee)
New York, NY

ProsGood introduction to the world of finance if you have little to no experience.

ConsThe job depends a lot on who you are assigned to. I had too little work and it was limited to mostly filing or helping the brokers use their computers. Other brokers took a little more time teaching their interns.

It's luck of the draw for who your are assigned to. When I was there they offered the interns a choice of doing a little bit of everything or specializing in operations or executive. The interns who choose the latter two were miserable and had little to know face to face time with anyone who could advance their career.

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more of curriculum for the interns, we had too little work to do.

PW interning was okay, but could have been better

Associate (Former Employee)
    New York, NY

I worked at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as an intern for less than a year

Pros: Well known firm so the big name will look good on a resume. There… Cons: Not the friendliest environment. Need younger talent. Managers are so… Advice to Senior Management: Could hire better talent. Many of the older people were… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Morgan Stanley smith barney is ok

Consultant (Current Employee)
    Warren, NJ

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as a contractor for less than a year

Pros: Your paid and you get money to buy stuff. I was happy to… Cons: People hate there job there and are miserable and want to quit.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney CEO Greg Fleming. All reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney employees.