Morgan Stanley Smith Barney
www.morganstanleysmithbarney.com Purchase, NY

Nice work environment, friendly co-workers, but experienced frustration with lack of career path.

Vice President (Former Employee)

ProsKnowledgeable collegues, upper management made efforts to keep employees aware of what was going on in the company, some opportunities for employees with initiative, overall a good learning experience.

ConsWhat upper management would say didn't always match what was reported in the news and created some suspicion about what they were saying. Integrations for past mergers and joint ventures took a long time and created operational inefficiencies. Compared to other work environments, didn't feel movement between groups was promoted.

Advice to Senior ManagementPromote transfers between groups. Foster an environment that retains quality employees by being willing to offer new opportunities for them. Be more open to employees about how the company is really doing.

My experience with Morgan Stanley Smith Barney has been great.

Client Service Associate (Current Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time for more than a year

Pros: Service-minded culture which includes not just our customers, but an… Cons: Recent company software updates sometimes hinder branch workflow. Advice to Senior Management: Fix company software issues. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great internship but- too much focus on customer relationships, hard to sit in on advisory meetings

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney as an intern

Pros: Great work environment Easy to get along with coworkers Cons: some cold calling difficult to sit in on advisory meetings Advice to Senior Management: Try to teach interns more about advisory meeting discussions More
There are newer reviews on Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney CEO Greg Fleming. All reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney employees.