Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Best Job Ever?

Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK
Current Employee - Financial Advisor in Oklahoma City, OK

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Pros

The ultimate opportunity to create your own destiny and have no limit as to how much you will work and how much you will earn!

Cons

You had better be extrememly self motivating. Nobody really cares what you do, because you are building your own business and the proof is in the pudding.

I could not be happier with the leadership of the firm. Top notch people are in this industry and it is apparent from the top down why.

488 Other Employee Reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney (View Most Recent)

SMITH BARNEY

Current Employee - Wealth Management Intern in Beverly Hills, CA
    Current Employee - Wealth Management Intern in Beverly Hills, CA

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Pros

A large company, with an intimate feel, can teach you a lot about asset allocation and wealth management. The internship post I had allowed me to be directly involved with clients and solving everyday problems.

Cons

I would definitely say its still a competitive place to work in. It gets incredibly busy and people are not okay with excuses, when something is asked to be done it is to be done. That's true of any industry, but morgan stanly does demand excellence

Find better ways of evaluating employee performance. A lot of downtime for employees leads to high payroll costs that relate to a smaller increase in revenue.

Professional and challenging

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in West Nyack, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Pros

If you want to learn self-reliance, to be challenged and finding your own way this is it.

Cons

Low pay for the most part. When John Mack cut everyone's salary to save the company a few years ago, he never gave it back even after Morgan Stanley was doing very well.

Public opinion is against the industry. If the public only knew that those at the top of the company make the highest incomes while those at the bottom working 10h days, are paid at the lower end of their pay scale.

There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney