Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

www.morganstanleysmithbarney.com
Unclaimed Profile
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

I have watched this bank improve over the last four years as Gorman transforms it into an Asset Management firm.

Current Employee - Registered Sales Assistant in New York, NY
Current Employee - Registered Sales Assistant in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Morgan Stanley is improving with each quarter. If you want to do Asset Management, whether it be Private Wealth Management or Institutional, this is the place to do it.

Cons

It's hard to get recognized at a big firm. Building your networks takes considerable time and energy.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I have spent 10+ years at Morgan Stanley (and I am a woman), climbing the the ladder from an entry level position.

Current Employee - Exeve Director in Purchase, NY
    Current Employee - Exeve Director in Purchase, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

This is a meritocracy where talent and harwork are rewarded. There are scores of mobility opportiunities and career development offerings. Diversity is sinceerely embraced here. Nothing feels forced. I especially appreciate their commitment to women and the developement of their careers.

Cons

Compensation is fair, but certainly not on a par with Goldman Sachs. But on the plus side, you may actually have a life while working here.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

2. Constantly evolving company

Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Senior Programmer Analyst in New York, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are many opportunities to gain IT experience. The company will always be in the mainstream because it is open to changes as demanded by the evolving business environment.

Cons

Unfortunately, change means diversity and job insecurity as a full time employee. There are too many consultants coming in.

Advice to Management

IT people don't need constant anti-money laundering, anti-insider trading trainings, etc... Reminders may be enough.