Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Associate review

Associate (Current Employee)
Purchase, NY

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

ProsMSSB is not a very demanding place to work and offers good pay, hours, and relaxed environment relative to industry peers.

ConsMSSB does not offer good opportunities for motivated people to have a challenging experience. There is very little management feedback on performance or job satisfaction.

Advice to Senior ManagementStay in touch with your employees. Communicate your strategies and goals for the firm, their individual businesses, and their careers clearly. Offer them attainable benchmarks and reward them when they meet them.

Great, well-respected place to work.

Wealth Management Intern (Former Employee)
Glenview, IL

I worked at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Pros: My group at Smith Barney proved a great place to get my feet wet in the financial industry and learn all about different types of… Cons: The FA compensation is structured such that, at least for my team, it is in their… Advice to Senior Management: Provide Private Wealth Management teams with more structure on how… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Could be better

Financial Advisor (Current Employee)
Dallas, TX

I have been working at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney

Pros: Flexible environment in terms of work hours Potential to make more money based on… Cons: Typical big wirehouse environment Too much overhead leads to lower payout for smaller producers The use of… Advice to Senior Management: Get rid of the corporate bureaucracy and all of the rules to let Advisors create the kind of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Morgan Stanley Smith Barney.

Worked for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morgan Stanley Smith Barney reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morgan Stanley Smith Barney CEO Greg Fleming. All reviews posted anonymously by Morgan Stanley Smith Barney employees.