MorganFranklin Consulting

Disappointing

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

They do have a lot of company sponsored happy hours and their PTO is decent. Commercial side seems to have better projects and more competent leadership.

Cons

Training is hard to come by. I wanted to take a proposal writing course from outside vendor and was told the firm was going to offer something. I never saw any firm wide training offered for proposals during my tenure. Also, the federal sector doesn't have a ton of projects to chose from. Directors in the federal space are conniving and blatantly take credit for business develop activities they don't do.

Keep you directors in check. Find out who really does what on your contracts. Show up on customer site and talk to the clients! Stop bringing 'BIG 4' practices to the firm. Don't say we offer a work life balance and then punish your employees during review time for not doing enough for the firm! It's not fair to compare a person who is highly billable and does what they can for proposals to someone who has a lot of down time during the year to work on proposals and other firm activities. Of course that person that isn't billable can spend more of their time working on proposals. They aren't generating any revenue!!

51 Other Employee Reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting (View Most Recent)

Going down hill fast

Former Employee - Senior Consultant  in  Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits are not too bad

Cons

This company was great when I first started however in the last year it has started to tank.
    Horrible Management
    Federal side has employees who are too comfortable and refuse to increase the quality of work for the client (even though it is required by contract)
    Quality of work is sub par

Hire employees who are earger to work hard

Good people, bad management

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

People: consultants and line staff were talented
    Company Spirit: Very strong company spirit and great events to make everyone feel like they were part of something greater

Cons

Leadership: The management was extremely bloated. The senior management to staff ratio was very low. There were several abusive managers who were not held in check by the executives or HR.

Get rid of the large number of Directors and Senior Managers.

There are newer employer reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting

Worked for MorganFranklin Consulting? Contribute to the Community!