MorganFranklin Consulting

There are newer employer reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting

Was ok

Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL
Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Small group of 4 people in the West Chicago Office. They were all friendly and very relaxed.

Cons

Was hired for my iDirect/Satellite tech experience but ended up cleaning the building, installing new carpet and desks in a very large room. They also wanted me to fabricate new structures on their vehicles and were not willing to actually teach me how. Lack of any real management or training.

Do not hire someone for the TECH experience and then have them become a carpenter, janitor, and a fabricator and unwilling to train them in those fields. I lost a lot of money moving to the area only to be let go after 2 months without an explanation.

52 Other Employee Reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting (View Most Recent)

Disappointing

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They do have a lot of company sponsored happy hours and their PTO is decent. Commercial side seems to have better projects and more competent leadership.

Cons

Training is hard to come by. I wanted to take a proposal writing course from outside vendor and was told the firm was going to offer something. I never saw any firm wide training offered for proposals during my tenure. Also, the federal sector doesn't have a ton of projects to chose from. Directors in the federal space are conniving and blatantly take credit for business develop activities they don't do.

Keep you directors in check. Find out who really does what on your contracts. Show up on customer site and talk to the clients! Stop bringing 'BIG 4' practices to the firm. Don't say we offer a work life balance and then punish your employees during review time for not doing enough for the firm! It's not fair to compare a person who is highly billable and does what they can for proposals to someone who has a lot of down time during the year to work on proposals and other firm activities. Of course that person that isn't billable can spend more of their time working on proposals. They aren't generating any revenue!!

Going down hill fast

Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA
    Former Employee - Senior Consultant in Tysons Corner, VA

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Benefits are not too bad

Cons

This company was great when I first started however in the last year it has started to tank.
    Horrible Management
    Federal side has employees who are too comfortable and refuse to increase the quality of work for the client (even though it is required by contract)
    Quality of work is sub par

Hire employees who are earger to work hard

There are newer employer reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting