MorganFranklin Consulting

www.morganfranklin.com
There are newer employer reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting

Has potential, but fails to offer true opportunity to it's employees.

Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Washington, DC
Former Employee - Consulting Manager in Washington, DC

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time

Pros

Small business with the latitude to work across multiple business groups and accounts which offers experience that is not readily available in a large company. There are pillars of excellence led by very talented and motivated professionals in leading business performance for clients.

Cons

Company is led by a group of long time friends which at times are not motivated to inspire and offer opportunity to motivated employees to do more. Potential for unfair and not equal employment practices; corporate values and culture are other than what senior management live by. An "open door" policy is openly offered by corporate management, but found this to be less than advertised with potential for reprisal.

In the past MFC had been an up and coming small business, probably about time to sell the other side of the business before all the good people leave.

55 Other Employee Reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting (View Most Recent)

Was ok

Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Satellite Tech in West Chicago, IL

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Small group of 4 people in the West Chicago Office. They were all friendly and very relaxed.

Cons

Was hired for my iDirect/Satellite tech experience but ended up cleaning the building, installing new carpet and desks in a very large room. They also wanted me to fabricate new structures on their vehicles and were not willing to actually teach me how. Lack of any real management or training.

Do not hire someone for the TECH experience and then have them become a carpenter, janitor, and a fabricator and unwilling to train them in those fields. I lost a lot of money moving to the area only to be let go after 2 months without an explanation.

Disappointing

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time (more than a year)

Pros

They do have a lot of company sponsored happy hours and their PTO is decent. Commercial side seems to have better projects and more competent leadership.

Cons

Training is hard to come by. I wanted to take a proposal writing course from outside vendor and was told the firm was going to offer something. I never saw any firm wide training offered for proposals during my tenure. Also, the federal sector doesn't have a ton of projects to chose from. Directors in the federal space are conniving and blatantly take credit for business develop activities they don't do.

Keep you directors in check. Find out who really does what on your contracts. Show up on customer site and talk to the clients! Stop bringing 'BIG 4' practices to the firm. Don't say we offer a work life balance and then punish your employees during review time for not doing enough for the firm! It's not fair to compare a person who is highly billable and does what they can for proposals to someone who has a lot of down time during the year to work on proposals and other firm activities. Of course that person that isn't billable can spend more of their time working on proposals. They aren't generating any revenue!!

There are newer employer reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting