MorganFranklin Consulting

www.morganfranklin.com

Part of Something Special

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

high quality professionals who care about their work and clients. Company always seems to be looking for a better way to do things. Especially over the last few years it feels like there is a lot of opportunity to get involved in makign the business better, working on internal projects, suggesting ideas and being given the flexibiity to see them through. I'd say we have gotten bigger, but it still feels like there is a lot of energy and appetite to do things differently. That said, we are still not huge and with that comes some hiccups in some areas. Great place for someone who wants to feel like they can have a big impact in growing the business. Maybe not so great for someone looking for a really big company that has everything figured out perfectly. But that typically means your a number. I am happy here and believe that there is a long term career at MorganFranklin.

Cons

Would like to see more investment into training. We are doing a lot more here which is great. Teams often work off site and don't get the chance to network with peers enough. The company does some great events for employees but encouraging more informal activities would be a recommendation.

Keep up with the changes that are focused on aligning the business with customer needs. The investment in training has improved and I'd like to see this continue. I hear a lot of good things about what is going on in the company randomly. We need to find a way to share this more with everyone so they can get excited for what the company is doing.

Other Reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting

Morgan Franklin Review

I have been working at MorganFranklin Consulting

Pros

Benefits were good, professional development funds were good, and the offices are very pretty.

Cons

A bit if sexism, not too terrible, but many people leave the company before their 2 year mark. Turn over is VERY high. Upper management hires their incompetent freinds, who would never be hired at that level ANYWHERE. They are paid well, but upper management is hired without having the right experience to lead teams. Their review policy is a joke. Most reviews given by managers are late and unsubstantiated is almost as if the managers are scared to give yearly reviews and are hoping that you'll forget about it and it will go away.

Hire competent managers, so turnover rate won't stay so high.

Great company and even better people!

Former Employee - Manager
    Former Employee - Manager

I worked at MorganFranklin Consulting full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The top five pros of MFC: the company values, the culture, the corporate staff, benefits (health/wellness and retirement), and the firm's outlook.

1) Business operations are always managed with the best intentions. The company is deeply pro-employee and always considering how their actions will impact their people. The company is highly ethical, fair, and flexible. When change has to happen, they do a great job at managing it--any experienced professional will recognize thier top-notch efforts.
    2) MFC has a really unique entrepreneurial culture. The firm does a great job at empowering employees to be part of each success. They heavily incentivize all of the right qualities: exceptional client service, participation in business growth/development, and thought leadership.
    3) The recruiting and HR teams are top-notch. They have all the sophistication of the most elite firms in the world, but they possess customer service and attention to detail qualities that are only found in small organizations. The HR professionals are true employee advocates and they respectfully maintain a strong business partners position as well. Employees are lucky to have such helpful and responsive support teams!
    4) MFC's benefits dramatically exceed industry averages. The health/wellness benefits are made very affordable for the employee because the company pays upwards of 80% of the monthly premiums. The 401k plan has no vesting period and a very competitive real-time employer match! Industry average seems to be 3-4 years vesting and many Big 4 firms (including my current employer) are moving to annual employer match where you must be an active employee at the time of the deposit potentially leaving you without thousands of dollars! When considering MFC's offer--don't forget to think of the wealthy benefits: total compensation and rewards.
    5) I left MFC for a unique opportunity to expand on a skillset that MFC doesn't focus on; however, if I could have done this same role internally, I would never have left. I truly believe in MFC and the future outlook for the firm. The current CEO has great experience and impressive goals for where he plans to lead the firm. I look forward to following their successes and if this new path doesn't work out or begins to stall, I would welcome the opportunity to rejoin the MFC team.

Bottom line...you would be lucky to be part of MFC!

Cons

MFC gives their employees a lot of choices about their own growth and development. The firm does a good job at providing options/career paths, but it’s up to you to take the ball and run with it...to "own your career." Although this demonstrates the firm's respect for their employees, it isn't a culture that will work for everyone. You will have to take advantage of the firm's open door policy to regularly communicate your personal goals/aspirations, you have to be open-minded about feedback, and you have to actively manage your own brand. Although this is not just MFC specific, success doesn't come over night, so patience and persistence are two qualities you must possess if you want to take advantage of MFC's unique growth and development opportunities.

As the firm continues to grow and focus on their solution offerings, it will be important to expand on the managerial vs. technical career paths. This will be a huge project, but it will be a great way to support the wonderful growth and development options that the firm already offers.

There are newer employer reviews for MorganFranklin Consulting.

Worked for MorganFranklin Consulting? Contribute to the Community!