www.morleynet.com
There are newer employer reviews for Morley Companies

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at Morley Companies

Pros

Work around school schedules
Family type atmosphere between workers
Great teamwork

Cons

Variable schedule including weekends
Low compensation
Unable to take advantage of benefits due to low wages
Management is withdrawn and not present

Be sure to allow employees to benefit from the programs offered. We have to choose between affording to live or being covered by insurance, we cant afford both!

36 Other Employee Reviews for Morley Companies (View Most Recent)

Not as bad as people say

I have been working at Morley Companies

Pros

It can be a fun atmosphere, good perks and benefits, coworkers are great, the wellness program is fantastic, and you'll definitely work hard.

Cons

Salaries are notoriously low (but benefits are good), management's expectations can be unreasonable. The company's reputation took a hit when they got into the call center biz, which is a shame since it's overall a decent company.

Maybe get some focus out there about other areas of your company that aren't related to the call center!

Stepping stone to something better

I have been working at Morley Companies full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people at Morley are awesome, most of them. The owners are amazing and are probably some of the nicest people you will ever meet. Many promotions are handled internally so there is a good chance that if you try and put forth effort you can move up in the company.

Cons

There are several cons when it comes to working for Morley.

The pay is terrible. While I was there I was making $23,000/year salaried. I had over 5 years experience as well as a college degree. I never once received a raise, more pay only came through a promotion and that was if you were lucky. Bonuses were non-existant. While there I received about $50 in bonuses per year which was better than the $5 mcdonalds gift cards others received. Morley does not value education nor do they attempt to keep good employees who demand to be paid a better wage. I left Morley for an offer from another local company that was starting out at 3x Morley's wage + a bonus that was 100x larger along with better benefits. I was asked to put my resignation in early so I could train my replacement, which I did. I was then told I was not eligible for my bonus (which was paid out a week later) because I put my resignation in (not like I missed the $30 after tax). On top of that, my direct supervisor basically ignored me for 5 week - cant say I am complaining about that either.

There is a large sense of disparity. When someone can barely afford to live because of a low wage and you see the owners driving Range Rovers, Escalades and other various Cadillacs - it almost makes you mad. While I understand they own the company they should acknowledge the people who are making all that money for them through decent wages or some sort of compensation plan.

My advice to management is that they need to try and retain good employees. They also need to make sure that they are allowing others to better themselves through eduction and trainings. They are not very good about allowing people to pursue a college education while working there - which I find terrible. Many people come to work and work hard for very little pay.

There are newer employer reviews for Morley Companies