There are newer employer reviews for Morningside College

Morningside a great private college.

Current Employee - Student  in  Sioux City, IA
Current Employee - Student in Sioux City, IA

I have been working at Morningside College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good size, great faculty, good location

Cons

some facilities are lacking, but are currently expanding with new buildings and facilities on the horizon

3 Other Employee Reviews for Morningside College (View Most Recent)

Beyond valuable

Current Employee - Student  in  Sioux City, IA
    Current Employee - Student in Sioux City, IA

I have been working at Morningside College full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome School great atmosphere. The professors really know how to get on a personal level with the students and over all i really enjoyed my time.

Cons

The surrounding city is questionable at best. The air quality and water quality are not to great and it seems like the people here are a bit hostile towards outsiders.

Keep the school insulated

Small, private college having an identity crisis - being run like a for-profit school

Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor  in  Sioux City, IA
    Former Employee - Adjunct Instructor in Sioux City, IA

I worked at Morningside College part-time for more than a year

Pros

The school is in a small town, if you like that sort of thing. Easy commute. The people are friendly, and there are some really dedicated teachers. Almost every professor and adjunct there is passionate about teaching.

Cons

The school is over-priced. I could not feel proud of our product (the education we were providing to our students). The teachers are undercompensated and felt very insecure. Whole departments in the humanities were laid off (even tenured professors) because the school is trying reinvent itself as a more technical college. New, full-time professors were being hired WITHOUT benefits. I was being paid so little, I couldn't afford to work there anymore.

There are newer employer reviews for Morningside College

Worked for Morningside College? Contribute to the Community!