Morningstar
www.morningstar.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great company - left due to some slightly bad luck

Head of Applications Development (Former Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsI was free for almost the entirety of my time at MStar to propose the best solutions to problems, and then apply those ideals to what could actually be accomplished within business constraints. Great colleagues within our division and across the enterprise. Senior management was always supportive as well. For entry and mid-level staff you won't have problems building a career here - for more senior folks, as always, there has to be a little luck as well, for the right position to be available at the right time. Comp and benefits are more than fair, and the work is as challenging as you make it.

ConsCan't think of any except to ask potential colleagues during the interview process about their direct management chain. 95% are great to deal with. If those folks are happy, and you're willing to work hard, you will likely be, too.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your folks. You do a great job of living your values. When a couple of people stray from that, it stands out in sharp relief. I tried to communicate that, and thought I was heard fairly, but, unfortunately, felt there was no way to be happy and stay. My results may be anomalous (almost by definition), but they are mine...

Without clear direction or leadership

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Morningstar full-time

Pros: Until they were cut significantly after moving into their $50million dollar… Cons: Most of management have only ever worked for Morningstar so their view of… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

My experience was satisfying overall.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Morningstar

Pros: Flexible schedule, very nice facilities, professional and very cordial work… Cons: lack of inspiration, compensation sometimes an issue Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Morningstar.

Worked for Morningstar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morningstar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morningstar CEO Joe Mansueto. All reviews posted anonymously by Morningstar employees.