Morningstar
www.morningstar.com Chicago, IL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great start for student if you don't bother doing boring jobs

Data Analyst (Current Employee)
Chicago, IL

ProsGreat company culture, flexible schedule, lots of employee training, friendly co-workers, promotion opportunity is there if you want, great communication between team members and with team leaders. GREAT BRAND in Chicago!

ConsJob actually does not require much analytic skills. It's almost always checking data accuracy and filling the database. Project manager or Team Lead may have some high-level smart thinking. But as data analyst, you tackle with non-technical and non-analytic jobs which easily get you boring and losing you spirit. BTW, sometime, you need to work 9 or 10 hours a day!

Advice to Senior ManagementMake more connection among different units such as data team, research team and IT solution team. Some analyst may have enough background digging into research or programming projects. They can work more closely.

Overworked and under compensated

Data Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at Morningstar full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: - The company prides itself on helping the individual investor, which is a belief to which most employees truly… Cons: - Management struggles with decisions on how to best structure the firm, and as such there have been multiple large-scale reorganizations in recent history. … Advice to Senior Management: - Hire outside consultants or those with executive management experience OUTSIDE of Morningstar. Remove the flat management structure and increase compensation to retain truly… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Don't know what to say. Change my review from 2 stars to 1 star.

Applications Developer (Former Employee)
    Chicago, IL

I worked at Morningstar full-time for more than a year

Pros: Good Work/life balance, if you don't have anything else to do, work for this company. Decent salary if you just want… Cons: The dead end jobs are all over this place. The… Advice to Senior Management: if you want people to leave, just directly fire them. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Morningstar.

Worked for Morningstar? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Morningstar reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Morningstar CEO Joe Mansueto. All reviews posted anonymously by Morningstar employees.